CCNA Guide to Cisco Networking, Third Edition Chapter 4 Solutions
Chapter 4 Solutions
1. Which of the following UTP cable types are not rated for at least 10-Mbps transmissions? (Choose all that apply.)
a. Category 1
b. Category 2
c. Category 3
d. Category 4
e. Category 5
2. Which of the following are true statements about Ethernet? (Choose all that apply.)
a. Stations must have a token before they can transmit.
b. Stations can transmit anytime.
c. Stations can detect collisions.
d. Stations beacon during error conditions.
3. Which of the following devices extends the network at the Physical layer while serving as a central connection point?
a. Active hub
d. Passive hub
4. Which of the following are benefits to installing fiber-optic cable? (Choose all that apply.)
a. Impervious to EMI
b. Small diameter
c. Easy to install
d. Low cost
5. Which of the following is the correct specification for wireless technologies?
6. Which of the following is an advantage to using the bus topology?
a. Centralized connection point
b. Low implementation cost
c. Ease of troubleshooting
d. Fault tolerance
7. Which of the following specifications defines Token Ring?
8. Which of the following can cause the complete failure of a star network?
a. Failure of one station
b. Break in a cable
c. Failure of the hub
d. Bad port on the hub